Partnering with JA
Junior Achievement (JA) utilises the experience of those already in the workforce to empower young people to realise their potential by valuing education and understanding how to succeed in the world of work.
JA programmes facilitated by business volunteers encourage young people to develop the skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
Working with schools is at the core of what we do. From CV writing and interview preparation skills, to understanding how to manage money and run a business, our programmes provide hands-on practical learning experiences in employability, entrepreneurship, financial literacy and the value of STEM.
Working with schools is at the core of what we do. From CV writing and interview preparation skills, to understanding how to manage money and run a business, our programmes provide hands-on practical learning experiences in employability, entrepreneurship, financial literacy and the value of STEM. Click here to see a list of our current partner schools.
How it works
A new range of virtual volunteering programme options are available for the new school year. These programmes retain the benefit of traditional in-class JA programmes while adding extra flexibility for both volunteers and schools.
Expanding the range of options for blended learning – combining traditional and digital methods - allows volunteers to facilitate programmes via classrooms’ interactive whiteboards.
Programmes begin at primary school level, teaching students how they can impact the world around them as individuals, workers and consumers and continue through to second level, right up to age 18, preparing students for their future careers. All programmes are facilitated by volunteers who are fully trained and vetted before commencing and are generally delivered for 30/40mins once a week over 4/5 weeks.
BENEFIT TO SCHOOLS
We help teachers to:
- Embed employability, entrepreneurship, financial education & STEM initiatives across the curriculum
- Provide young people with opportunities to develop employability skills
- Raise aspirations – helping young people discover their talent, potential & ambitions
- Develop relationships with the local business community
- Bring the world of work to life for young people
- Develop the financial literacy of young people
Since 1996 JA has worked with school and business partners all over Ireland. In that time, more than 30,000 business volunteers have enabled more than 900,000 students to benefit from JA programmes and workshops.
- Help boost career ambitions
- Develop transversal skills
- Emphasise link between education and the working world
- Lead to higher employability
- Lead to improved entrepreneurial skills and attitudes
- Enhance intentions to start a business
Request JA Programmes
If you have not partnered with JA before and would like to receive more information please contact us here.