Programme Coordinator – Full time permanent position
Junior Achievement Ireland (JAI) is part of a worldwide organisation, which seeks to highlight the importance of remaining in education to young people. In line with our growth plans for the coming school year (2022/23), we are recruiting a programme coordinator to join our Dublin-based team. This position will focus on managing key relationships with our partners in business and education.
It is anticipated that the ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and dynamic individual who is energetic and enthusiastic with the capacity to engage and motivate others. Successful candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; be innovative and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work. The candidate will be a strong team player with fluent English communication skills (both written and oral), have project management skills and excellent relationship management skills.
It is essential that the candidate has a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
It is highly desirable that the candidate has a demonstrable interest in non-formal educational activities for young people and has the potential to motivate and encourage volunteers to provide quality learning experiences for primary and second level students.
The position involves:
- Recruiting business volunteers from JA supporting companies
- Scheduling and delivering online and in person training seminars to participating business volunteers
- Supporting all JA volunteers through the phases of induction, training and delivery in both virtual and in-person learning environments
- Managing all the logistics involved in ensuring participating schools and volunteers enjoy a positive and productive experience throughout the delivery of JA programmes
- Liaising with school authorities to ensure teachers are fully briefed and students can optimize their time on the JA programmes
- Event management
- General administration
The candidate is required to have:
- A third level qualification, which is relevant to the performance of the role
- A proven track record of successful relationship management
- The ability to conduct training (online and in person), manage projects, and deliver to strict deadlines
- Operational management skills to co-ordinate the work of business volunteers from our supporting organisations as well as meeting the expectations of principals and teachers in our partner schools
- Proven ability as a multitasker and ‘self-starter’- this is an extremely fast-paced role and requires the individual to manage several projects involving multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Full driving licence and access to a car
Candidates should provide an up-to-date CV with cover letter for the attention of Aoibheann Doyle [email protected]